XcellDataProtect | Rubrik Datos IO
Data Protection Built for Cloud-Native and NoSQL Database
As NoSQL Databases gain wider adoption, enterprises today increasingly rely on MangoDB & Cassandra / DataStax to Power some of their most prominent customer-facing applications.
Rubrik Datos IO: Enterprise-class NoSQL Backup
Built for hybrid cloud world
Rubrik Datos IO runs on all three major public clouds, in single-node or scale-out configurations, and archives to all three major public clouds – or run it on-premises.
Parallel Data Streaming
Parallel data streaming eliminates the inherent shortcomings of legacy media-server based architectures. Instead, Rubrik Datos IO moves data directly .
Distributed Metadata Catalog
Our globally distributed Metadata catalog provides location independent, data visibility enabling backup anywhere, recover anywhere, and migrate anywhere capabilities.
How Rubrik Datos IO Works
Rubrik Datos IO is a new type of data protection software, built specifically for the world of cloud-native applications and distributed systems. Its Consistent Orchestrated Distributed Recovery (CODR) engine enables application-consistent backups, recovery across topologies and clouds, and data deduplication that can cut TCO by up to 70%.
How CODR makes Rubrik Datos IO different
Application-consistent versions of your NoSQL database.
- CODR coordinates how Rubrik Datos IO handles backup and recovery of eventually-consistent, distributed databases.
- This includes ultralight NoSQL Service Managers, a distributed policy engine, a distributed metadata store and a storage federation layer.
- CODR can run anywhere – in the public cloud or in a hybrid cloud environment.
Industry-first NoSQL deduplication
- Under most configurations, NoSQL databases share multiple copies of the same data across many nodes.
- For a sample Cassandra cluster with replication factor set to three, each row is stored on three nodes.
- CODR deduplicates these key-value pairings, ensuing that you have a single, golden, application-consistent copy of your data – reducing storage footprint by up to 80%.
CODR: How it works
CODR, the Consistent Orchestrated Distributed Recovery Engine, is the “secret sauce” in Rubrik Datos IO. CODR works behind the scenes to achieve two key goals: application-consistent data protection and industry-first NoSQL deduplication.